ePropelled is looking for a skilled hands-on Principal Software Engineer with experience in the design of embedded motor controllers for its line of high-efficiency brushless motor/generators for use in a variety of applications. The ideal candidate will have successful experience taking high power motor controller design projects from concept to manufacturing. Familiarity with a variety of software simulation tools is also desired.
The Individual will be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working under pressure with the ability to work to tight time scales, take ownership of problems and resolve them. As part of a design engineering team, the candidate will take a leading role in providing guidance to other software engineers across the globe.
- Develop motor control software design concepts in support of system requirements.
- Lead responsibility for the development of software for onboard units including Motor Controllers and Power Management Units.
- Create technical documentation, i.e., concept documents, system functional and design specifications, technical specifications, and test reports for all designs.
- Develop firmware/software for embedded processors and DSP based motor controller/power system to support required features.
- Implement motor control firmware based on sensor-less FOC principles. Understand and create control methods and algorithms for controlling Brushless motors and their systems.
- Expert knowledge of Sensor-less torque control and closed-loop position control
- Experience with sensor-based control desired
- Implement software-based digital filtering for sensor monitoring
- Develop control models in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Software development using National Instruments LabView/Python/Arduino and preferably C/C++
- Take a leading role in implementing software strategy
- Be present and hands-on in the workplace to support projects.
- Carry out additional duties as requested by the Engineering manager.
- Nice to have experience with AI software and assembly language.
- BSc or BEng Degree in Computer Science or similar engineering Degree qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience working in an embedded electro-mechanical design environment.
- Candidates with HND and 10+ years of experience in embedded software controller design may also apply.
- Experience at expert level in C programming of embedded software.
- Experience with mission-critical software from either the Space, Transport, Medical or similar industry with strong requirements for the quality of the software solutions.
- Experience writing software using National Instruments LabView/Python/Arduino.
- Experience in design of SW architecture, user interfaces, and documentation for embedded controllers
- Experience with software build tools, version control, and scripting languages
- Knowledge of MATLAB Simulink for controls development
- Must be organized and have a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid UK driving license.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org