Lowell, MA, USA, Full-Time
Description :ePropelled Inc is the leader in magnetic engineering innovation that dramatically improves electric motor and generator efficiency for propulsion applications such as aviation, aerospace and electric vehicles. ePropelled is currently looking for an experienced Supply Chain Planner/Buyer. This position is a vital role within our strategic plan to efficiently manage our resources. An enthusiastic self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities, and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted purchasing standards and goals, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the product supply chain.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from manufacturers and suppliers
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedule
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications directly with the manufacturers and suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Develop and maintain a strong business relationship with domestic and international suppliers
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Maintain, monitor MRP reports; revise essential system planning data to ensure Oracle system is effectively planning future requirements
- Inventory Management
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in Oracle ERP system
- Proactively provide supply status and shipment tracking.
- Coordinate with manufacturers and suppliers’, assuring required legal documentation is current and accurate
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Participate and contribute to weekly and monthly Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
- Negotiate for best without jeopardizing best in class product and raw materials.
- Maintain files such as maintenance records, bills of lading, and cost reports.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Planner/Buyer
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Supply Chain Planning experience
- Experienced in Mechanical and Electrical commodities
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Electric motor technology experience a plus
- Netsuite/Oracle system experience a plus (ERP, MRP)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Associate degree or better in Business.
Employment Type :Full-Time
Industry :Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Basic Salary :DOE