Lowell, MA, USA, Full time
Description :ePropelled is the leader in magnetic engineering innovations that dramatically improve electric motor and generator efficiency for propulsion applications such as aviation, aerospace and electric vehicles.
ePropelled is looking for a skilled “hands on” senior electronics engineer with experience in the design of high current power supplies and motor controllers for its line of high efficiency brushless motor/generators for use in a variety of applications. The ideal candidate will have successful experience taking high power motor controller design projects from concept to manufacturing. Candidates experience should include consideration of the thermal aspects of PCB and enclosure design, for high power systems. Familiarity with a variety of software simulation tools is also desired.
- Develop design concepts based on marketing requirements.
- Create technical documentation, i.e. concept documents, system functional and design specifications, technical specifications and test reports for all designs.
- Design high-power motor controllers, power regulators, high efficiency AC-DC power converters, DC-DC converters, synchronous rectifiers and battery management solutions.
- Design hardware for motor control systems utilizing embedded processors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A/D and D/A converters, as well as other peripheral devices such as RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Support new product introduction to manufacturing and through product lifecycle.
- Design PCBs for motor control hardware utilizing techniques to prevent EMC and EMI.
- Designing and selecting hardware for high temperature environments.
- Capture designs utilizing DxDesigner, Allegro for design and schematic capture
- Design PCB layout, to control of heat and transients.
- Robust testing / validation / documentation methodology for design verification.
- Supervise and support junior engineers.
- BS Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ design experience in Analogue/Digital electronics in power system design.
- Specific experience designing high power motor controllers, power regulators, high efficiency AC-DC power converters, DC-DC converters, synchronous rectifiers and battery management solutions.
- Knowledge of sensor-less, brushless motor control systems and their applications.
- Familiarity with RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Experience with power circuit topologies and equipment using active power devices (IGBTs, diodes and SCRs) and passive components (Inductors, transformers, capacitors etc.)
- Mathematical modeling and simulation experience using software such as PSPICE and MATLAB/SIMULINK required.
- Experience using thermal simulation software such as SimScale is desired.
- Experience with basic electronics tools: oscilloscope, data logger, power supplies, active loads.
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI and mitigation through design.
- Must be organized and have methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Employment Type :Full time
Industry :Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Basic Salary :DOE