Cardiff, Wales, Full time
Description :ePropelled is a fast-growing company across three continents and a leader in magnetic engineering innovations in several market sectors such as aerospace and electric vehicles.
ePropelled is looking for a skilled “hands on” Electronic System Engineer with new product development experience from initial concept through to production release and after sales support.
The ideal candidate will be capable of designing, prototyping, assembling and testing electronic circuits as well as writing, debugging and testing control software. Experience of writing test methods and procedures and designing test rigs, as well as an understanding of CAN bus systems, would also be an advantage.
The Individual will be self-motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure with the ability to work to tight time scales, take ownership of problems and resolve them. As part of a design engineering team, the candidate will also provide guidance and support to test technicians.
- Support new product introduction to manufacturing and through product lifecycle.
- Create technical documentation, i.e. concept documents, system functional and design specifications, technical specifications and test plan/reports for all designs.
- Able to write basic embedded software to validate designs.
- PCB layout experience.
- Create designs using PCB schematic and layout software.
- Software development using National Instruments LabView/Python/Arduino and preferably C/C++
- Create testing / validation documentation methodology for design verification.
- Supervise and support test technicians.
- Customer issue resolution (could involve infrequent customer site visit).
- Be present and hands on in the workplace to support projects.
- Carry out additional duties as requested by the
Qualifications :Nice to have
- Design high-power motor controllers, power regulators, high efficiency AC-DC power converters, DC-DC converters, synchronous rectifiers and battery management solutions.
- Design hardware for motor control systems utilizing embedded processors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A/D and D/A converters, as well as other peripheral devices such as RS232, RS485, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Design PCBs utilizing techniques to prevent EMC and EMI.
- Ability to produce electronic designs using CAD tools: DxDesigner, Allegro, Altium or similar. · Knowledge of sensorless, brushless motor control systems and their applications.
- BSc or BEng Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar engineering Degree qualification.
- Candidates with a HND and 10+ years of experience in electro-mechanical motor / controller design may also apply for the position.
- Minimum 4 years’ design experience working in an electro-mechanical design environment. · Familiarity with RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Experience with power circuit topologies and equipment using active power devices (IGBTs, diodes and SCRs) and passive components (Inductors, transformers, capacitors etc.)
- Mathematical modelling and simulation experience using software such as PSPICE and MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Experience using thermal simulation software such as SimScale is desired.
- Experience with basic electronics tools: oscilloscope, data logger, power supplies, active loads.
- Experience writing software using National Instruments LabView/Python/Arduino and preferably C/C++
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI and mitigation through design.
- Must be organized and have methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid UK driving license.
Employment Type :Full time
Industry :Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Basic Salary :DOE