Lowell, MA, USA, Full time
Description :ePropelled is the leader in magnetic engineering innovations that dramatically improve electric motor and generator efficiency for propulsion applications such as aviation, aerospace, and electric vehicles.
ePropelled is looking for a skilled “hands-on” Director of Engineering with UAV industry experience. The ideal candidate will have successful experience taking high power motor controllers and power supplies, for its line of high-efficiency brushless motor/generators, from concept through development and into manufacturing. Candidate experience should include strong knowledge of product development processes including knowledge of various project management approaches. Familiarity with a Phase Gate development process is desired.
- Manage the product development process, taking design concepts based on marketing requirements through to manufacturing release.
- Support the development of technical documentation, i.e. concept documents, system functional and design specifications, technical specifications, and test reports for all designs.
- Conduct specification and design reviews and document results through the development process.
- Create project plans including product development schedules and budgets and manage the team to these plans.
- Manage the development of high-power motor controllers, power regulators, high efficiency AC-DC power converters, DC-DC converters, synchronous rectifiers and battery management solutions.
- Manage the development of motor control systems utilizing embedded processors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A/D and D/A converters, as well as other peripheral devices such as RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Manage the development and testing/qualification of new motor designs.
- Support PCB design for motor control hardware utilizing techniques to prevent EMC and EMI.
- Manage the selection and design of components suited to high-temperature environments and to control of heat and transients.
- Support new product introduction to manufacturing and through the product lifecycle.
- Robust testing / validation / documentation methodology for design verification.
- Compliance testing and certification of products as required.
- Manage the development team including performance reviews and hiring.
- Supervise and support junior engineers.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to the Quality Management System as defined in ISO 9001:2015 Sections 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3.
- BS Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ design experience in Analogue/Digital electronics in power system design.
- Specific experience developing high power motor controllers, power regulators, high-efficiency AC-DC power converters, DC-DC converters, synchronous rectifiers and battery management solutions.
- Familiarity with RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Experience developing project plans, schedules and budgets for complex development projects.
- Experience managing the development of complex systems and delivering quality products to manufacturing/customers on time within budget.
- Mathematical modeling and simulation experience using software such as PSPICE and MATLAB/SIMULINK desired.
- Experience working successfully with local and remote development organizations.
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI and mitigation through design.
- Knowledge of UAV compliance and certification requirements.
- Must be organized and have methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Employment Type :Full time
Industry :Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Basic Salary :DOE